T20 World Cup 2022 Prize money: The International Council of Cricket (ICC) has announced the prize money for the Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, ahead of the tournament. A total prize money of $ 5.6 million has been announced for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia. As per the Indian currency, this amount is about 45.67 crores. the winner will get the highest $ 1.6 million i.e. about 13 crores, while the runner-up will get half the amount i.e. 6.5 crores.
At the end of the one-month-long tournament between 16 teams, an amount of US $ 400,000 has been fixed for the team that loses in the semi-finals. 7 thousand US dollars will be given to each team in the 8 teams that are eliminated from the Super 12.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 Prize Money List
- Winner – $1.6 million (approximately Rs 13 crore)
- Runner-up – $0.8 million (approximately Rs 6.5 crore)
- Teams that lost in the semi-finals – $ 0.4 million (approximately Rs 3.26 crore)
- Team that wins each match in Super 12 – 40 thousand dollars (approximately Rs 33.62 lakh)
- Each team that is eliminated from Super 12 – 70 thousand dollars (about Rs 57,09 lakh)
- The team that won each match in the first round – 40 thousand dollars (approximately Rs 33.62 lakh)
- Each team that is eliminated from the first round – 40 thousand dollars (approximately Rs 33.62 lakh)
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 starts on October 16 in Australia. The mega T20 tournament will witness a total of eight teams including West Indies and Sri Lanka to face each other in the first round. After the first round, four teams will advance to the Super 12. The Super 12 phase will begin on October 22. The first match of the Super 12 stage will be between defending champions Australia and New Zealand. The Rohit Sharma-led Indian cricket team will begin their T20 World Cup 2022 campaign against arch-rivals Pakistan on October 23.