and Dissemination of Awareness Material such as the Pink Book and
the DART Book.
A key step towards ensuring good health and wellness is to ensure
that you eat safe and nutritious food, everywhere, at all times.
This means eating food that is safe, free from adulterants, clean
and hygienic, following healthy eating patterns, choosing
nutritious food, eating a balanced diet, exercising daily and
The first step
towards following these healthy practices is awareness about food
safety and nutrition. In this regard, FSSAI has released two
One is a simple, easy to
follow guide on food safety and good nutrition practices at home,
called The Pink Book. It contains several useful tips, information
nuggets, dos and don'ts to ensure that we consume safe and
nutritious food at home.
The other is a manual on over 40 simple
tests that can be conducted at home to detect common adulterants
in food items, called the DART Book.
- You can
collaborate with us by printing these two handbooks, as per
FSSAI's CSR guidelines. To download and print these books,
please click here (link to Pink Book and DART Book).
- Further, you can
distribute it to various people through your channels so that
the printed copies can reach a large number of people. For
example, you can distribute these books through various clubs,
communities, RWAs, shops, malls, post offices, schools, offices
- Soft copies
of these books could be downloaded and circulated via social
media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp.
- You could
also translate this material into local/regional languages and
adapt it into culturally relevant material that is easy to
- You could
disseminate this awareness material through various multimedia
- Translation of handbooks into local languages
- Adaptation of handbooks into culturally relevant awareness material (posters, flyers, audios, videos etc.) in local languages/dialects
- Distribution of handbooks and awareness material through Anganwadi and ASHA workers and other channels through social workers
- Monitor and review reach of awareness material
Civil Society Organisations/ Industry Associations/ Corporates
- Print handbooks
- Distribute handbooks at points of sale (at retail shops, restaurants, clubs etc.)
- Design and create awareness material based on these handbooks, such as posters, videos, flyers, audios, jingles and other multimedia.
- Allocate financial and human resources
- Review and update handbooks and awareness material
- Conduct impact evaluation of awareness campaigns