1. First, cook your chopped onions, garlic, bell peppers and carrots in some good extra virgin olive oil for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they are fragrant and somewhat tender.
2. Add canned tomatoes, 2 cups of water, and 2 cans of drained and rinsed black eyed peas. Season with 1 bay leaf, 1 ½ tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp dry oregano, ½ tsp paprika, Kosher salt and black pepper
3. if you need this recipe to be little tangy and hot,then add some red chilli flakes to it
5. Bring the pot to a rolling boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the beans and veggies are tender and the flavors have melded beautifully
6. Finish with lemon juice and fresh parsley. The splash of lemon juice stirred at the end. This will give wholesome taste to the recipe
7. This black eyed pea recipe will be very tasty if it is Served with your favorite crusty bread, orzo pasta, or even over some rice